Here are questions to ask before starting something new, or whether to continue investing in it:
• What's the purpose?
• Is it on purpose?
• Does it serve your core purpose?
> Can it be done?
• Viability: Is the technology scientifically viable?
• Demonstration: Has it been demonstrated to work?
• Breakthrough: Is it measurably better than what preceded?
• Investment: How far along the investment cycle is it?
• Cost: Are development costs rising or falling?
> Is it important?
• Explainability: Do people understand it?
• Usefulness: Do people use it?
• Necessity: Do people need it?
• Competition: Do people compete to develop it?
• Relevance: Does it address humanity's grand challenges?